|Previous Article||Next Article|
matchIT on Demand offers a range of address cleansing routines from basic verification against the Post Office Address files, to data enrichment, i.e. the ability to append additional data to your source data based on matching the address to third party reference files. These services are offered on a pay as you go basis and you will need to make payment at the end of processing before access is provided to the results; note that you will be able to see a result summary report prior to payment.
You can also choose to have your source data matched against various suppression datasets allowing matchIT on Demand to flag or suppress records in the following categories:
- MPS – Direct Marketing Association's Mailing Preference Service – flag people that have requested not to receive third party and marketing mail.
- Goneaways – people that have moved.
- Deceased – people that have died.
- Movers - new address data for people that have moved. Note that if you select both Goneaways and Movers your records will be updated where the new address can be provided, or flagged/suppressed if not.
To create a new processing job, simply choose the create job option on the Jobs Page or from your Dashboard; this will open up the Create Job Wizard; now you can just follow the on screen instructions, but by way of example, let’s walk through the creation of a new job step by step.
Firstly, you need to choose the type of job you want to run – there are 4 options:
- Full Data Cleanse
- Address Verification/Suppression/Enrichment
- Find Matches/Dedupe
- Find Overlap/Suppress/Append
The first 2 job types provide an option to do run address verification & suppression either after matching or without matching. Full Data Cleanse performs de-duplication prior to address verification and suppression, whereas the Address Verification/Suppression/Enrichment performs no de-duplication.
Choose Address Verification/Suppression/Enrichment and you will now be asked to choose your service options:
- UK Address Verification – performs validation against Royal Mail PAF, corrects erroneous/incomplete addresses where possible and appends return codes indicating whether address data is held on PAF or not.
- Suppression Screening – allows you to have your data scanned against the suppression datasets mentioned earlier.
- Append Additional Royal Mail data – this option allows you to select to have various additional data elements appended to your results, such as Grid References, DPS codes, UDPRN etc
- Additional Company Data – this screens your data against Dun and Bradstreet data allowing you to select to have various additional data elements appended to your results, such as DUNS Number, UK SIC Codes, Telephone numbers. This option is only for datasets with organisational data (company names) and cannot be used in parallel with UK Address Verification.
Having selected your options, you should now click Confirm Options to choose your dataset. From this page you can either choose to upload a completely new dataset, or pick an existing dataset.
Let’s choose "Upload a new dataset".
Note: Any data uploaded to matchIT On Demand is uploaded over secure FTP and then held on a secure, encrypted datastore within the matchIT On Demand system.
Click Browse and select the file that you want to process. You will see the progress bar fill in as the file is uploaded.
As the data is uploaded, the system will analyse the columns based on the data within the first 10 records, and will provide an automatic mapping. which is shown along with your top 10 records once the file fully uploads.
Should these mappings be incorrect, you can Edit column mappings using drop downs for each column to tell matchIT On Demand what type of data is in each column – if you don’t see a column type that matches the data, just choose other.
Finally you can give your dataset a name (this will be used to identify different datasets via the above drop down).
Once the data is selected and mapped, clicking next will take you to the *Settings Tab, where you can select the data nationality.
*Note: Currently only UK Nationality addressing and suppressions are supported.
Clicking next from the Settings Tab will then take us to the details. From here you will set the Name of the job. Additionally you can also add a Description, a Company (e.g. if your data belongs to a specific client, then you might enter the client name here) and choose whether the data should be Shared with other users.
Congratulations, you’re now ready to run your job! Just click ‘Add Job To Queue’. Your job will now be scheduled and run as soon as possible by the matchIT On Demand matching engine. As soon as your job starts running, you will see its status change in the Jobs view and Dashboard. Once it’s complete, you can click on the View Results option and you will see a page similar to the following:
From here you can click through to see a summary of your suppression and/or address verification results, or click on the green button to make payment to allow you to download your results. Once you have completed the payment, then the job result page will allow you to access your results.
If you requested temporary suppression, then your result file will not contain the records that matched against the suppression data sets that you selected. If you chose permanent suppression, then your results will contain suppressed records with a field code (suppression_type) to indicate the type of suppression data set that it matched against (see below). If you selected Movers, the supplied addresses in your file will be replaced with the new address for each mover identified; these new address fields are prefixed with 'N_', e.g. N_address1 etc .
- NCOA Suppress
- NCOA Update
Do Not Mail
Full Details on the Suppressions list can been found here: https://www.helpit.com/suppression-lists/
|Previous Article||Next Article|